The Healing with Hope Home supports individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and are impacted by alcohol dependence.
The Healing with Hope Home provides access to a managed alcohol program (MAP) where individuals are supported with housing and addressing primary care and mental health needs.
Individualized care planning assists individuals to work towards personal goals and enhanced overall wellbeing through a person centred approach that meets them where they are at. While the abstinence model works for many, for some the ability to abstain from drinking is not feasible. Alcohol is administered on a daily basis by medical personnel as per a schedule determined by a physician’s medical assessment and direction.
The Healing with Hope Home works to reduce the harms associated with consuming non-beverage forms of alcohol such as mouthwash, hand sanitizer and more. The Healing with Hope Home is staffed with qualified medical and social support personnel that oversee the individuals to ensure their day-to-day and primary care needs are being met.
Healing with Hope Home Availability
- Are 19 years or older;
- Live with severe alcohol use disorder (AUD), including those who are drinking non-beverage alcohol;
- Are impacted by homelessness or are precariously housed;
- May currently be frequent users of the healthcare system.
The Healing with Hope Home has resources to provide both primary care and specialized addiction care (including access to psychiatric supports). Individuals with polysubstance use and concurrent medical challenges would be considered appropriate.
- You/the individual will be contacted to schedule an assessment and intake to the Healing with Hope home.
- The Severity of Alcohol Dependency (SADQ) scale and Eligibility Criteria will be used to assist in determining appropriateness of candidates for the program. These tools will be completed by intake staff upon assessment.
If you have any questions about the application process or any of our CMHA programs and support services, please contact CMHA-S/M intake at 705-675-7252. If you would like to be notified by email when there is availability at Healing with Hope, please fill out this quick form.
To read more about name change (from Harm Reduction Home to Healing with Hope Home) in 2021 click here