Community Mobilization Sudbury (CMS) is a partnership representing over 25 agencies from diverse community sectors – health, children’s services, justice, education, mental health and addictions, and social services. Working together, CMS’ mission is about leading and connecting for improved community well-being through proactive collaboration and response.
One aspect of the CMS program is the Rapid Mobilization Table (RMT). Representatives from partner agencies meet twice each week to collaboratively identify situations that place Sudbury residents at high risk of harm. All necessary partners then plan and participate in a timely, coordinated response – connecting those at risk with the services and supports that can help.
With the help of an evaluator, CMS recently underwent a two-year evaluation. Through interviews, document review, focus groups, online survey, client stories, RMT meeting observation and data analysis, the following strengths were highlighted:
- Great trust and relationships built among partners;
- Strategic leadership and management by the steering committee and CMHA Sudbury/Manitoulin as lead agency;
- Recruitment of additional partner agencies and flexibility of how they participate as partners;
- Continued stakeholder training/orientation;
- Creation and administration of a province-wide Community of Practice around the ‘situation table’ model; and
- Consistent and meaningful data collection and analysis.
Several opportunities were also highlighted in the evaluation report. Over the next period, CMS partners will focus attention on the further use of RMT data; factors that contribute to effective RMT responses; and strategies to ensure the ongoing sustainability of the CMS partnership.
For more information on RMT, you can read the two-year activity report. Thank you to all partners involved in CMS for their hard work and commitment!